Academic Philosophy and Integrity
Through our philosophy, admission policies, curriculum, and facilities, Sacred Heart has established a positive learning environment that enables students to think constructively, reason independently, succeed academically, and become concerned contributing members of society. Characteristics of Sacred Heart’s academic program include:
- Traditional approach with emphasis on mastery of basic skills and a college preparatory curriculum.
- Over the past 10 years slightly more than 98% of SHHS graduates have gone on to seek post-secondary education.
- Career and technical classes through SFCC’s Career Technology Center.
- Multiple sections of most grade levels available in the elementary and junior high grades (based upon enrollment demands).
- Sacred Heart High School works very hard to assist our students in the process of preparation for college. This is not only in regard to academic preparation, but financial as well. In the past 9 years, SHHS has graduated a total of 266 students who among them have amasses over $8.3 million in scholarships and awards.
Sacred Heart High School offers numerous dual credit courses. Approximately ¼ th of Sacred Heart students are now graduating having earned a semester (or more) of college credit.