A+ is a program funded by the State of Missouri which provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of an A+ designated high school who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical school.
Students must meet the following guidelines as outlined by the State:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enter into a written agreement with the high school prior to graduation
- 95 percent attendance (appeals can be made in cases of illness or injury)
- Students must perform at least 50 hours unpaid mentoring or tutoring (25 percent may include job shadowing)
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Students must have achieved a score of 17 on the math portion of the ACT
- Students must have at least a 2.5 grade point average
- Must complete Federal Application for Student Financial Aid (that does not require repayment)
A+ Mentoring tracking sheet can be picked up outside Mrs. Buckley’s office.
ALL Paperwork MUST be returned to Mrs. Buckley (HS Counselor) the week before High School Graduation in order to qualify.
Questions should be directed to Mrs. Sherry Buckley; HS Counselor – firstname.lastname@example.org
A+ Application for Sacred Heart School
A+ Mentoring Tracking Sheet