DROP OFF PROCEDURE
Ensuring the safety of its students is a grave responsibility that every school must accept and endeavor to provide. Sacred Heart School takes this responsibility very seriously. Arrival and dismissal times are situations that require the cooperation of the entire community – students, parents, and all drivers. Upon the advisement of the Traffic Division of the Sedalia Police Department, the following procedures are to be observed for Drop Off and Pick Up of students.
For the safety of the children and to ensure a cooperative spirit during a stressful time in our school day we ask that:
- Students are to be dropped off and picked up only by westbound vehicles.
- Students are to exit the right-hand side of the car on the north side of Third Street.
- Students may be dropped off on the north side of Third Street or in the circle drive.
- Only right-hand turns should be made when exiting the circle drive.
- The north & south sides of Third Street are designated NO PARKING zones during school hours.
- Students should NOT be picked up in the rectory parking lot or in the alley by the Parish Center.
- PLEASE DO NOT turn left into the circle drive.
- PLEASE DO NOT access the circle drive from Vermont Street crossing Third Street
- PLEASE DO NOT park in front of the school to pick up your child
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT turn your car off and wait for your child. You are to pull up and pull away – this is a loading and unloading zone.
Students should not wait for their parents in front of the church or along Moniteau Street.
They cannot be seen and supervised in those areas, and their safety cannot be insured. Teachers on duty cannot see that they are being picked up by the designated person. This is to ensure the safety of your child. Your child is to wait for you on the north side of Third Street in front of the school building.
PICK UP PROCEDURE
- All students that do not drive will be dismissed from the Commons each day at 2:50 pm. High school students that drive will be dismissed at 2:45 pm and are to leave the school grounds as soon as possible to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Parents will use the pickup lane on 3rd street. Do not pull into the circle drive until you are requested to do so by the supervising teacher. Please pull up in line and wait for your child to be brought out in the circle drive. Please pull up bumper-to-bumper in order to allow for as many cars as possible to enter the line. When your family is safely seated in your vehicle please exit the pickup lane in a safe manner.
- High school drivers that are picking up a younger student will need to get their sibling from the Commons then exit to the back parking lot.
- Walkers will be dismissed from the office after all vehicle traffic has cleared. A signed permission slip must be on file at the office stating that your children have permission to walk home (or other destination). If a student walks on an infrequent basis the office must be notified each time so they may be added to the daily walker list.
- If for some reason you feel the need to come in the building, please pick up your child in the pickup line and park your car away from the pickup line and come to the front door. We ask that no parent be in the building to pick up a child, please use the pickup line only.
- Students that are left in the Commons will be taken to the office area to wait for a parent to be picked up. At 3:20 pm students left at the office will be escorted to After Care. After Care charges will have to be discussed with Mrs. Smothers. Students cannot be left in the building/gym unsupervised.
- If you ONLY have a high school student you may arrange to pick them up on Wilkerson Street (behind the school). They are responsible to exit the Hoying gym to get to your car.
- A NON-Driving high school student or middle school student is allowed to come to the commons to pick up their younger sibling from the teacher and exit through the Hoying gym to meet their ride on Wilkerson Street. Please remember there is NO Parking on the South side of Wilkerson Street.
AFTER SCHOOL SUPERVISION
Please remember that unless your child is enrolled in a program, such as After School Care or under the direct supervision of a coach or teacher, he/she is to be out of the building by 3:10.
Teachers are not on duty to supervise students waiting for practice, for a game to begin, to catch the bus for a game or for an older sibling to finish an activity. Students cannot be in the building unless supervised by an adult.