- This event has passed.
Canceled – SHS Blood Drive
May 4, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
In light of the recent mandate for our public to shelter-in-place, Community Blood Center (CBC) has made the difficult decision to cancel all blood drives through May 14.
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT A DONOR CENTER OR QUESTIONS REGARDING FUTURE DRIVES PLEASE CONTACT LISA NELSON AT 816-216-4771 OR
Though this decision impacts your upcoming blood drive, CBC is urging healthy donors to make an appointment to donate at one of our seven donor centers instead. Click here find a location nearest you or see our listed centers below.
Please know, appointments are required. In order to maintain safe and controlled environments at our donor centers, we will not be accepting walk-ins at this time.
- Kansas City Donor Center: 4040 Main St., Kansas City, MO 64111
- Gladstone Donor Center: 7265 N. Oak Trafficway, Gladstone, MO 64118
- St. Joseph Donor Center: 3122 Frederick, St. Joseph, MO 64506
- Blue Springs Donor Center: 1124 SW US Hwy 40, Blue Springs, MO 64015
- Overland Park Donor Center: 10568 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS 66212
- Olathe Donor Center: 16465 W. 119th St., Olathe, KS 66061
- Topeka Donor Center: 6220 SW 29th St., Topeka, KS 66614
To alleviate travel to and from our donor centers, CBC has provided a letter for donors that indicates they are traveling in order to provide lifesaving blood products. This letter will be sent to all donors with appointments and is also available to download or print here.
Our center staff members are trained in universal precautions to help prevent the risk of spreading infections. Additionally, we are taking extra precautions to disinfect tablets and donor beds in between each use and to space out chairs and beds whenever possible to avoid unnecessary contact. Staff and donor temperatures are taken upon arrival and all staff are wearing face masks. Donors are strongly encouraged to bring and wear their own face masks as well.
Your continued support is greatly appreciated. If you have more questions about COVID-19 and blood donations, please visit www.savealifenow.org/coronavirus.