SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL!
Today is Monday, May 8th, 2023
- Today is the Feast day of St. Peter of Tarentaise
- Morning Prayer
Father, thank You for this wonderful new week. Thank You for the blessings of this past weekend and the excitement of the challenges that lay ahead of us this week. Father, we pray that today and throughout this week will be nourished and fulfilled with important work, pleasant relationships and even some quiet time with You. We know that You are always there by our side always. AMEN
- Pledge of Allegiance
|Today’s Menu||Tomorrow’s Menu|
- Band practice for all 5th – 12th grade band students TODAY from 8:16 am – 10am in the McGremlin Gym. Bring your instrument and music.
- Reminder: NHS Forms are due to Mr. Register TODAY.
- Student Council pizza party lunch today in Ms. McMullin’s room. Everyone currently in STUCO should attend. See you then!
- JH and HS students. We have only 6 yearbooks left for sale! Order today at jostensyearbooks.com!
- Tuesday, May 9th we will have a photo shoot for the following organizations in the McGremlin Gym during homeroom: FCCLA – NHS – NJHS – Key Club – JH Speech Team – HS Speech Team
- Gremlin Student Store and Cafe is open today! Stop by and say hi to Luke and Max.
- There will be a Junior Class meeting Wednesday, May 10th during lunch in the Life Skills Room.
Spring Sports Action:
Baseball – (16-8) The SH Varsity boys lost a tough game to Leeton on Friday by a score of 6-5. On Saturday they beat the Lincoln Cardinals 13-5 before falling to St. Paul’s Lutheran by a score of 12-9. Their next action is tomorrow at Liberty Park stadium vs Smithton. Start time is 5pm.
Softball – (13-6) The varsity girls beat Bunceton by a score of 3-0 on Friday in the opening round of the MSHSAA District Tournament. They take on Sweet Springs tonight at 6:30 in the semi-final round. The tournament is being played in Green Ridge.
Golf – The Sacred Heart boys golf team competed on Friday in the MSHSAA District Tournament in Joplin. Junior Luke Jenkins finished third in the tournament with an 81 and qualified for the State Tournament next Monday and Tuesday in Columbia. Sophomore Zander Jackson also qualified for the state tournament shooting a 90 in the district tournament on Friday.
Girls Soccer – (0-17) The girls lost at home on Friday night vs Boonville. They play again tomorrow night vs the Smith-Cotton JV at Susie Ditzfeld Field. Start time 5:00pm.
High School Track – The Sacred Heart track and field team competed in the MSHSAA District Meet on Saturday. The Sacred Heart track and field team endured extreme heat Saturday at the Class 1 District 7 meet in Adrian. Congratulations to our first place finishers and district champions:
Junior Jackson Manning – 800 m run (2:10.62)
Boys 4×800 (8:59.19) – freshmen Logan Howell, Max Van Leer, Jared Owens, junior Jackson Manning
Congrats to our distinct runner-ups (second place finishers):
Senior Kate Carney – shot put (10.91m) PR and new school record
Junior Jackson Manning – 1600 m run (4:59.43)
Boys 4×400 (3:42.86) new school record – freshmen Max Van Leer and Jared Owens, juniors Reuben Smith and Jackson Manning
Congrats to 3rd place finisher:
Freshman Jared Owens – 1600 m run (5:09.79)
These athletes advance to the Class 1 Sectional track and field meet this Saturday.