SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL!
Today is Friday, April 28th, 2023
- Today is the Feast day of St. Peter Chanel and the final day of our self study visit
- Morning Prayer
Morning Prayer of St. Francis
Lord, help us to live this day, quietly, easily and peacefully; help us to lean on your great strength with trust; to wait for the unfolding of your will, patiently and to meet abd treat others with compassion and joy. Help us Lord to face tomorrow with confidence and courage. In Jesus’ Most Holy Name. Amen.
- Pledge of Allegiance
|Today’s Menu||Tomorrow’s Menu|
- Sophomore Sophie Anderson is performing today at the State Vocal Music Festival in Columbia. Good Luck Sophie!
- Attention all seniors! The Devon Grose scholarship applications are due TODAY. Get them to Mrs. Tippie ASAP.
- TODAY during homeroom the 23-34 STUCO officers will have a photo shoot. Please go to Mrs. Howell’s room.
- Did you know that Coach Jennewein, Dr. Register and Mrs. Tippie’s Grandparents will be inducted into our Sacred Heart School Hall of Fame? We will be celebrating these wonderful individuals at our Sacred Heart School Hall of Fame event TOMORROW NIGHT. We’re asking for student volunteers (grades 6-12) to help at the dinner and program. The sign up sheet is on the Key Club service board located by Dr. Register’s office.
- 8th graders and Seniors! Please check your email and submit your quotes! We need them!
- 8th graders and high school students please check your email and submit your compliments for teacher’s appreciation week.
- The HS field day is Tuesday, May 2. Any student that would like to order lunch, let the office know TODAY. Students can also bring money for The Girls’ Next Door cookie truck that will be there! Please wear your assigned class color: Freshman–white, Sophomores–pink, Juniors–black, and Seniors–blue.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 2nd, Coach Schwartz will have conditioning and basketball for any girl in 5th-8th grade from 3:15 – 4:30pm.
- There will be a meeting on Wednesday, May 3rd during lunch in the McGremlin Gym for any boy 9-11th grade who is interested in playing basketball next year.
- Get a jumpstart on service hours and be a part of one of the hottest events coming to Sedalia! Volunteers are needed for the Hot Air Balloon and Kite Festival on June 9th and 10th. Sign-ups are needed THIS WEEK! Sign-ups are located on the Key Club Service board located outside of Dr. Register’s office.
- We have two classes who have reached 100% class participation with the annual fund drive. Some special donors gave $5 to our kindergarteners and to the 8th graders. Congrats! The Juniors are so close to being the first to reach their financial goal. The class cash prizes and parties are still up for grabs. Keep watching the school monitors to see who is in the lead. Cash and checks can be brought to the front office or you can go online. Let’s win big for your class and our school!
- The Gremlin Student Store and Cafe are open every day after school. The April special is gatorade and Sour Patch Straws for only $2.50. Please stop by today to see Michael and Oz.
- Reminder: No school on Monday!
TODAY IN HISTORY
Spring Sports Action:
Baseball – (13-5) The SH Varsity boys brought home the 3rd place trophy in the Kaysinger Conference Tournament yesterday with a 6-5 win over the Cole Camp Bluebirds. Their next game is today in Versailles. Start time is 5pm. Early dismissal @ 2:45.
Softball – The varsity girls played in Green Ridge yesterday. Their next game is tonight at Centennial Park vs Weaubleau High School. First pitch is at 5pm.
Golf – The Sacred Heart boys golf team placed second in a triangular match at Marshall yesterday shooting a season best team score of 182. Their next match is Wed. May 3 @ Clinton, start time 4:00. EARLY DISMISSAL- 2:00
Girls Soccer – (0-12) The girls lost 8-0 to state ranked Marshall High School yesterday in Marshall. They travel to Odessa tonight. Start time 5:00pm. Early Dismissal @ 2:45pm.
High School Track – The Sacred Heart track and field team’s next action is in the Smith-Cotton Open next Wednesday, May 3.