SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL!
Today is Friday, March 17th, 2023
- Today is the Feast day of St. Patrick. Let’s Pray….
- Morning Prayer
May the strength of God pilot us, may the wisdom of God instruct us. May the hand of God protect us, may the word of God direct us. May thy Salvation, O Lord, be always ours this day and for evermore. Amen.
- Pledge of Allegiance
|Today’s Menu||Tomorrow’s Menu|
National Ravioli Day
- The Gremlin Student Store and Cafe are open every day after school. The March special is pickle juice four cups for $1. Please stop by today to see Logan and Tony.
- Attention 6-8th grade! There is a math contest for you! Sign-ups are on Mrs. Hill’s door!
- Wristbands for Coen are still available and are in the school office. We are asking for a minimum $2 donation with all proceeds going to the Brown family.
- Have you gotten your tickets for the Musical? They are only $5. Come out and support your friends. Make plans to attend “The Sound of Music” on Friday, March 24th and Saturday, March 25th at the Hayden Liberty Center. Cost is $5 per ticket, and are available at the School Office.
- Any student K-9th grade who is interested in playing baseball or softball this summer stop by the office for a sign-up form. If you have a form that has not yet been turned in, please do so immediately. Teams are forming and will be practicing soon.
- Any Junior High artist that would like to participate in the Diocesan Sketch Day on April 26th in Arrow Rock please see Ms. Nehring during school today or after school in the McGremlin gym.
- The following students report to Ms. McMullin after announcements: Carson Bentch
- Middle School and High School Students: The Sound of Music is in need of ushers March 24th and 25th. You will get to watch the show for free and will get service hours. Ushers will need to be at the theater by 6:00pm and will be done no later than 9:30. See Ms. Turner to sign up.
TODAY IN HISTORY
Spring Sports Action:
Baseball – The boys opened their season with the Preseason Jamboree yesterday. No results have been reported at this time.
Softball – The girls first game will be in LaMonte vs Crest Ridge on Monday, March 20. First pitch is at 5pm.
Golf – The guys open the season at Tipton on Monday March 27. Tee time is 4pm.
Girls Soccer – The girls next action is Saturday, March 18th in Jefferson City with an 11am start time.
High School Track – The high school track season opens at the Smith-Cotton Quad next Friday, March 17.
JH Track – The junior high school track season opens in Higginsville on Monday, April 3. The meet starts at 4pm.
During the sacred season of Lent, bring us closer to you. Prepare a place in our homes and hearts for silence and solitude, so that we may re-discover the grace of a prayerful life.
Help us to fast from those things that threaten the well-being of body and soul and remind us of the grace of simplicity. Enlarge our hearts so that we give to those in need and, in so doing, re-discover the grace of gratitude and generosity.
May this season be a grace-filled time to rekindle our love for you and our true faith in you. AMEN.