SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL!
Today is Tuesday, September 20th, 2022
- Today is the feast day of Saints Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang and Companions
- Morning Prayer
Prayer of Thanksgiving
We humbly come before you today in appreciation for all that you have done for us.
Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice so that we may be reconciled to God and set free from the bondages of sin. Thank you for the successes of our school and our students. We pray that we may exhibit grace and generosity as we continue our journeys through life this week.
In your name we pray. AMEN.
- Pledge of Allegiance
|Todays Menu||Tomorrows Menu|
- FRIDAY is 1st Quarter Mid-quarter. Make sure your grades are in good shape as we come to the first grade check that affects extracurricular participation!
- All students interested in being on the Envirothon Team will need to come to a meeting during HOMEROOM today. Go to Mrs. Hagebusch’s class after attendance and lunch count.
- The next Junior class meeting will be Thursday, September 22nd in the Life Skills Room during lunch. Please be prompt.
- Gremlin Student Store and Cafe is open every day after school! We are excited to have lunchables to eat and prime to drink. Please stop by and say hi to Emilee Jackson and Sophia Carney!
- STUCO we are in the midst of planning Fall Homecoming! Check GroupMe for all of the details.
- Ximena’s Kickball Committee is meeting today over lunch in Mrs. Howell’s room.
- Emily’s Pep Rally Committee is meeting today at 3:20pm in Mrs. Howell’s room.
- Sammy and Emily’s Committes are meeting on Wednesday over lunch in Mrs. Howell’s room.
- Ximena’s Lunch Games Committee is meeting on Friday over lunch in Mrs. Howell’s room.
- JH students attending the art contest, meet in the commons after homeroom this morning.
- High School Driving Students and Faculty: Parking Tags to hang in vehicles have been distributed today. Please hang those on your rearview mirror in your car starting today. Thank you all so much for giving this new system a try. We have a few spots in student parking for Juniors and that will be decided Wednesday via a random lottery. The parking tags cost money, so if you lose your original parking tag, a new tag can be purchased for $10. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Siron or Dr. Burdick.
- There will be a softball open field on Sunday, October 9th at Centennial Park from 5:30 to 7:30. If you plan on playing softball in the spring please plan on attending.
- Diego De Leon and Rames Rivera Montoya please report to Ms. McMullin’s room after announcements this morning.
- Bellarmine speech practice is today from 3:15-4:15. Anyone in grade 6-8 who is interested is invited to attend. Practice with Mrs. Van Leer in room 222 (Ms Turner’s room).
- Yearbooks are currently on sale for all students at Sacred Heart. Please visit jostensyearbooks.com. Grades 6-12 will be featured in the JH and HS yearbook. Little Grems and PK-5 will be featured in the elementary yearbook. Order your yearbook today!
Volleyball (11-3, 3-0) The Sacred Heart Varsity went 1-2 in the Camdenton tournament over the weekend beating Willard High School and losing to Staley and Camdenton. The next match is TONIGHT vs. the Lincoln Cardinals in THE PINK OUT Volleyball game with JH A & JV action beginning at 5:30 pm followed by JH B & Varsity. Show up early for a spaghetti dinner beginning at 5 PM, Wear your PINK, and help us support our #12Coen Brown and family! #GoGremlins
Soccer (6-6, 1-0) The varsity soccer team evened their record with a 6-1 win over the Moberly Spartans last night at Clover Dell Soccer Park. The JV boys also won by a score of 6-0 The Grems next action is on Thursday as they resume conference play with a match in Green Ridge. The JH start time is 5:00pm followed by varsity action.
Girls Golf The girls next match is @ Marshall on Thursday. Start time 4:00pm.
HS Cross Country The Cross Country teams next competition is at the Calvary Lutheran meet in Jefferson City on October 1.
JH Soccer (2-4-1, 0-0)
The Gremlin JH Soccer team’s next game is Thursday in Green Ridge. Kick off is at 5pm followed by varsity action.
JH Volleyball (7-2, 2-1)
The JH volleyball team plays tonight at home vs. Lincoln. First serve is 5:30pm.