SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL!
- This is Monday of the fourth week of Advent and the Feast day of St. Dominic of Silos.
- Morning Prayer – – –
Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in us a wonder at the wisdom and power of Your Father and ours. Receive our prayers as part of our service of the Lord who enlists us in God’s own work for justice.
Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in us a hunger for peace: peace in the world, peace in our homes, peace in ourselves. Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in us a joy responsive to the Father’s joy. We seek His will so we can serve with gladness, singing and love.
Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in us the joy and love and peace it is right to bring to the manger of our Lord. Raise in us, too, sober reverence for the God who acted there, hearty gratitude for the life begun there, and spirited resolution to serve the Father and Son. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, whose advent we hail. Amen.
- Pledge of Allegiance
|Todays Menu||Tomorrows Menu|
- Congratulations to Layla Bautista, Raleigh Brown, and Graisen Wilson for reciting all the multiplication facts from 0-12 to the entire 3rd grade class. Way to go guys. We are so proud of you!
- If you are interested in getting service hours through after school tutoring, please see Ms. Newkirk in second grade.
- There will be NO SALAD BAR THIS WEEK.
- Mrs. Hill is missing 2 graphing calculators. Calculators #8 and #16. Please check home and lockers and return them to Mrs. Hill. Thank You.
- Anyone interested in the Kaysinger Art Show. See Mrs. Nehring by Wednesday, December 22nd.
- Time to finish up that Christmas shopping. We have two styles of Christmas ornaments, scarves, bucket hats, mugs, and so much more at the Gremlin Student Store. Stop by after school.
- Cafe opened today after school. We have sour patch kids and twizzlers back in-stock.
Recent Sports Results:
High School Boys Basketball: (Var 10-1) The varsity boys ran their record to 10-1 with a strong second half as they beat the Sweet Springs Greyhounds 69-44 in the SFCC / WK Shootout on Saturday evening. The boys next action is tonight as the Grems close out their pre Christmas schedule with a game here at the McGremlin Gym vs the Leeton Bulldogs. JV Girls play 2 quarters beginning at 5:30 followed by 2 quarters of JV boys followed by Varsity Girls and Varsity boys.
High School Girls Basketball: (Var 7-5) The girls came away with a 32-26 win over the Sweet Springs Greyhounds in the SFCC / WK Shootout on Saturday afternoon. Their record is now 7-5 on the season and they play again tonight here in the SH McGremlin Gym.
TONIGHT will be “Preppy Night” at the basketball games vs the Leeton Bulldogs.
Junior High Boys Basketball: (‘A’ 3-0, ‘B’ 2-1) The Sacred Heart Junior High boys ”A” team next game is on Monday, January 3rd when the Grems travel to Otterville. The “A” girls will tip off at 5:30 followed by “A” boys and “B” boys.
Junior High Girls Basketball: (‘A’ 0-2) The Junior High Girls next action is on January 3rd when they travel to Otterville. “A” girls tip off at 5:30
High School Girls Swim: The Sacred Heart Swim team traveled to the Truman Invitational on Saturday.
Don’t Forget: all of our HOME games (in the McGremlin Gym) are live-streamed on our Sacred Heart Gremlin Athletics YouTube channel.
Sports Action this Week:
Varsity boys and girls @ home vs Leeton, start time 5:30, JV girls (2 qtr) followed by JV Boys (2qtr) then Varsity girls, Varsity boys.