SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL!
- This is the Feast day of St. John I, Pope and Martyr
- Morning Prayer – – – IN honor of the feast day of St. John I, today’s Prayer Intention is for the Pope
- Bishop’s Prayer Intention for May
May we honor the Blessed Virgin Mary, our spiritual mother, this month by our support in charity for all mothers who struggle in poverty to raise their children.
- Pledge of Allegiance
|Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
|French Toast Sticks
- The Gremlin Student Cafe is open today for your AFTER SCHOOL SNACK! We need to clear out the shelves. Once it is all gone we will be closed for the rest of the school year. Don’t miss out! We now have Sacred Heart bucket hats for sale. Come say hi to Kiley and Jackson.
- There will be a short meeting for all students grades 8 – 11 interested in varsity soccer for next fall coming up next Wednesday at 2:50 in the Commons. This will be your opportunity to meet the new coach.
- Freshman Class meeting to elect officers for next year will be on Wednesday. Meet in the Art room during lunch. Please remember you will be doing a short speech.
High School Boys Baseball: (8-9) District play is scheduled to open tonight at 6pm in Marshall as the Grems take on the Prairie Home Panthers. The winner advances to the semi-final game immediately afterwards.
High School Boys Golf: After the first day at state golf Senior Jeff Hollabaugh is tied for 10th place in the tournament 7 strokes off the lead. Jeff shot an 82. Freshman Luke Jenkins is two strokes behind and in 17th place after shooting an 84. Tournament wraps up today.
High School Track: Your Sacred Heart track and field team is STATE BOUND!
Sophomore Kate Carney will compete in shot put and the 4 x 200-meter relay team composed of Arly Ponce, Kate Carney, Mariana Restrepo and Allie Finney will represent us as well. The Class 1 State Track Meet is Saturday in Jefferson City.
For the Pope
Lord God, we offer our joyful prayers in thanksgiving for our Holy Father Francis, Vicar of Christ and Servant of the servants of God. In Pope Francis we recognize the successor to Peter, the touchstone for the mission of the Church. We pray that your Holy Spirit will strengthen him to be a messenger of love, peace and unity. We give thanks for the many gifts of the Shepherd of our church. May he please you in his holiness and guide his flock with love and watchful care, especially for the sick, the poor and the vulnerable. With him, we accept the invitation to spread the Good News of the Gospel in word and action. We offer our prayer through our Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.