SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
- Today is Patriot Day and the Feast Day of St. Cyprian
- Morning Prayer
Our special prayer intention today is the memory of all those who lost their lives and gave their lives in service on 9/11
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Any high school girls planning to do Gremlin girls need to please see Mrs. McDonald by Monday, September 14.
- Faculty, staff, and student leaders – if you have an announcement you would like to be placed on the daily bulletin please email Mrs. City with a cc to Dr. Register. We would like to simply be able to copy and paste them onto the bulletin each day. Thanks for helping us develop an efficient process for sharing your important information!
- Sacred Heart Robotics will meet today at 3:15 in the teachers’ workroom. Anyone 7-12 can join and have a great time designing, building and programming Robots.
- Volleyball this Monday – “WEAR RED”! Gremlins Volleyball is red hot and you can be too! Rev up your Gremlin pride by wearing red at the volleyball game on Monday! The JV and Varsity volleyball teams will be playing Hickman. Games start at 5:30 p.m. Come out and support our Gremlins! Masks are required to enter the facility but can be removed once seated while following social distancing guidelines, when moving around within the facility mask will be required. Seating designations will be in place with visiting spectators on one side and home spectators on the other.
- The Student Council is happy to announce that once again this year high school students will get a free dress down day to celebrate their birthday. The calendar will be posted outside Mrs. Starke’s door later today. Check the calendar for your birthday dress down day!
High School Volleyball: Varsity (4-0, 0-0) JV (1-2, 0-0) The girls play at home on Monday night Sept. 14 vs the Columbia Hickman Kewpies. JV first serve is at 5:30.
Junior High Volleyball: The JH girls open the season on Tuesday, Sept. 15 at home vs the Otterville Eagles. The first serve is at 5:30pm in the Hoying Gym.
High School Soccer: (1-3, 0-0) The varsity boys’ next action is Thursday, Sept. 17 vs district rivals St. Paul’s Lutheran in Concordia. Kickoff is at 4:30.
Junior High Soccer: The JH soccer team opens the season on Wednesday, Sept. 16 at home vs Buecker Middle School from Marshall. Game time is 5:00pm at Clover Dell Soccer Park.
High School Girls Golf: The girls’ golfers had a successful day yesterday at the Battle Spartan Partner Invitational held at Lake of the Woods Golf Course in Columbia, MO.
Sr. Caten Lucchesi placed second individually with a score of 81. Caten and fellow Sr. Kelsey Hudson placed second in the partner competition of Best Ball with a 79. Sr. Megan Wingerter and Soph. Kate Carney placed second in the partner competition of Shamble with a 98. Sr. Addy Trammell and Jr. Claire Smeltzer placed first in the partner competition of Scramble with an 88.
The Sacred Heart Ladies Golf Team competed against seven other schools to place second overall with a combined score of 265. Their next action is Tuesday in the Marshall Tournament.
High School Football: The varsity football team (1-1, 0-0) will travel to Keytesville tonight to take on the Keytesville Tigers. Kickoff is at 7pm.
Junior High Football: The JH football team opens the season on Monday, Sept. 14 on the road vs the Wellington Napoleon Tigers. Game time is 5pm.
God of love we place in your loving arms the thousands of innocent lives that were lost on that unforgettable morning of September 11, 2001. We also remember the courage of the countless men and women who put their lives at risk in order to rescue, alleviate and bring solace to the afflicted. Help us to continue to work for a world free from every form of hatred, violence and ignorance. May terrorism — in all its forms — disappear from the face of the earth. Amen.