SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
- Morning Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance
- Today is the Feast Day of Saint Apollonia
|Cheeseburger on a Bun
National Tortellini Day!!
Cheese Tortellini w/ Marinara
- Sophomores please get your SFCC CTC applications returned to the office.
- ITV students, please turn in your dual credit applications and fees to the office.
- There will be a Junior Prom committee meeting during lunch in the ITV lab on Today.
- Winter Homecoming is this week! Tomorrow all students in grades 9-12 wear Red and White. Face Paint is allowed. You need to have four items on all day to show your school pride. Grades K-8 you get a spirit dress day! Pep Rally will be at 2pm! Saturday night the doors will open at 5pm for the chili cookoff. The JV Boys play at 6pm. Come out and celebrate with us!
- Sacred Heart National Junior Honors Society Valentine’s Day Fundraiser. Roses (white and red) and tootsie pops for sale! One flower – $2.00, 3 flowers – $5.00, Tootsie pop – $1.00. Sales will take place during lunch. Deliveries for Junior High and High School during lunch February 14th. All other deliveries will take place at the end of the day on February 14th, at 2:00.
Prayer – Tomorrow – David Talamentes
Robotics: The Sacred Heart Robotics Team has advanced to the conference qualifier on Feb. 15 at Blue Springs High School. A strong showing at this competition could propel the team to the state robotics meet!
Scholar Bowl: The Gremlin Scholars’ next competition will be in the Kaysinger Conference tournament to be held on Friday, March 27 in Stover.
HS Girls Basketball: Varsity Girls (12-10, 5-2) next action will be at Northwest on Thursday. The girls game follows the JV boys.
HS Boys Basketball: Varsity Boys (11-9, 4-2) played the Cole Camp Bluebirds. The Grems next action is Thursday night at NW of Hughesville. JV game starts at 5:30pm.
HS Girls Swim: Sacred Heart had a good night at the Interscholastic League Championships last night in KC MO.
Kate Carney started the night, moving up from 16th to 15th place in the 50 Freestyle, a race with 96 racers from 14 schools.
Allie Ferguson increased her placement and earned personal records in both her races. Allie moved from 16th to 14th place in the 200 Individual Medley, a race with 36 swimmers. Allie jumped from 15th to 14th in the 100 Backstroke, a race originally with 72 swimmers.
Arly Ponce earned a Personal Record, cutting 4 seconds off her 200 freestyle and moved from 12th to 11th place in a field of 64 swimmers.
What a great way to end our first season!
JH Girls Basketball: The Junior High Girls “A” team (8-5, 6-4) next action is in the semi-final round of the Kaysinger Conference Tournament vs the Cole Camp Bluebirds. The game is on Thursday in Otterville with a 5:00pm start.
JH Boys Basketball: The Junior High Boys “A” team (14-0, 10-0) beat the Green Ridge Tigers by a score of 55-18 last night in the Kaysinger Conference Tournament in Otterville. The boys now advance to play the Smithton Tigers in the semifinal round at 7pm on Thursday.
The “B” team boys concluded their season with a 9-1 record.
Holy Spirit, guide us in prayer and speak to us in silence. Help us to shut out the noise of the world so that we can hear the still, small voice of God above the clatter. Give us a heart that listens and a spirit that seeks you through words, songs, and silence. Amen.