SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
- Morning Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance
- Today is the Feast Day of St. Colette (Ramses Rivera-Montoya)
Mac and Cheese
Baked potato Bar
- Congratulations to 3rd grader Tayen Whited! After taking first place at the local and district levels, Tayen has qualified to compete in the regional level of the Knights of Columbus free throw championships. This level takes place on February 23rd at Father Tolton Catholic High School in Columbia. Way to go Tayen!
- The St. Jude’s Math-a-thon project is going great guns! So far, we have raised $7,905. Although we are no longer soliciting additional pledges, due to inclement weather, we will be extending our collection dates an extra week! St. Jude Math-A-Thon will now come to an end on Friday, February 7th. Funds should be collected online and any cash or checks turned in to Ms. Kramer by the end of school on that Friday. Please continue to work hard on collecting the pledges you received for the children and families of St. Jude.
- Sophomores please get your SFCC CTC applications returned to the office.
- ITV students, please turn in your dual credit applications and fees to the office.
- Junior high choir will be singing for mass please release at 8:20 am.
- Sacred Heart National Junior Honors Society Valentine’s Day Fundraiser. Carnations (white and red) and tootsie pops for sale! One flower – $2.00, 3 flowers – $5.00, Tootsie pop – $1.00. Sales will take place during the Junior High lunch (10:30-11:30) and High School (11:30-12:30) lunch shifts. Sales will take place on February 10th – 13th. Deliveries for Junior High and High School during lunch February 14th. All other deliveries will take place at the end of the day on February 14th, at 2:00.
Prayer – Noah Damlo
Robotics: The Sacred Heart Robotics Team has advanced to the conference qualifier on Feb. 15 at Blue Springs High School. A strong showing at this competition could propel the team to the state robotics meet!
Scholar Bowl: The Gremlin Scholars’ next competition will be in the Kaysinger Conference tournament to be held on Friday, March 27 in Stover.
HS Girls Basketball: Varsity Girls (11-9, 4-2) lost to the Stover Bulldogs by a score of 70-42 in the semi-finals of the Kaysinger Conference Tournament last night at SFCCC. They play for third tonight in a 7:30pm tipoff vs the Cole Camp Bluebirds.
HS Boys Basketball: Varsity Boys (11-9, 4-2) lost a tough one to the Lincoln Cardinals in the conference tournament last night by a score of 64-60. Their next action is Tuesday at home vs the Cole Camp Bluebirds. JV game starts at 6pm.
HS Girls Swim: The girls next action is on Monday at the Independent League Championships.
JH Girls Basketball: The Junior High Girls “A” (7-5, 5-4) next action is Monday in the Kaysinger Conference Tournament in Otterville. The Grems take on the winner of Smithton and Otterville in a 7pm start.
JH Boys Basketball: The Junior High Boys “A” team (13-0, 10-0) next action is in the Kaysinger Conference tournament in Otterville. The Grems take on the winner of Green Ridge and LaMonte on Tuesday in a 5pm start.
The “B” team boys concluded their season with a 9-1 record.
Help us to remember and realize that the saints were ordinary people who made themselves available to you. Please give us the courage to make ourselves completely available to you, so that together we can collaborate to make our school and our world a better place in whatever ways you envision for us.