SACRED HEART SCHOOL
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL
- Morning Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance (Grace Goodwin)
- Today is the Feast Day of The Most Holy Name of Mary
|Chicken Fried Steak
Mashed Potatoes & White Gravy
|Sloppy Joe on a Bun
Carrots and Celery
- Seniors: Please get your Rotary Bio’s completed and turned in to Mrs. Buckley asap. We use these as applications for award opportunities and to help write college referrals. You may attach your resume as opposed to writing everything in if you wish.
- ALL STUCO Meeting today during lunch in Mrs. Starke’s room.
- JH/HS Students, Friday is the last day to get your 2020 yearbooks at a discounted price! Don’t delay! Order forms are on the back of the meme’s hung on your lockers or see Mrs. Howell.
- Mrs. Hagebusch is still in need of some high schoolers to work the blood drive from 3-6 on September 19th. Please see her ASAP. This is a great way to get some service hours done!
- There is a Hall of Fame student volunteer opportunity this Sunday. This is a great chance for students to earn service hours and meet special alumni and friends of SHS. There’s still plenty of room to get involved between 1:45 and 4 pm Sunday the 15th. You can find the signup sheet either outside of the conference room or Mrs. Howell’s room.
- Juniors and Seniors, anyone interested in learning more about the Health Care Field, Please see Mrs. Buckley about the Medical Explorers Program.
- Today’s Birthdays: Allie Ferguson (11th)
- Friday Prayer: Madison Hayden
Volleyball: The varsity’s (3-1) next action is Saturday in the Springfield Hillcrest Tournament. The JV (2-2).
JH Volleyball: The JH Grems open their season this Friday evening in the Sacred Heart Tournament.
Soccer: The varsity soccer team (1-3) lost to St. Paul’s Lutheran last night by a score of 5-0. The Grems take on Clinton tonight in the second round of the Clinton Tournament. Game time is 6:45.
JH Soccer: The JH Grems open their season on Friday evening in a match vs Christian Fellowship at 5pm in Cosmo Park.
Girls Golf: The varsity girls’ competed in the Battle High School Tournament at Lake of the Woods Golf Course on Wednesday. Caten Lucchesi and Kelsey Hudson paired up to win second place in the two-person shamble with a score of 91. Addy Trammell and Maia Smith scrambled in the tournament and ended the day with a 98. The girls next action is on Tuesday in the Marshall Tournament. Tee time is 9am.
Football: The varsity football team (0-2) plays in their home opener on Friday night vs the Chilhowee Indians. Kickoff is at 7pm at Northwest Hughesville High School.
JH Football: The JH football team opens their season on Monday, September 16 at Chilhowee. Kickoff is at 5pm.
It is said: And the Virgin’s name was Mary. Let us speak a few words upon this name, which signifies, being interpreted, Star of the Sea, and suits very well the Maiden Mother, who may very easily be likened unto a star. A star gives forth her rays without any harm to herself, and the Virgin brought forth her Son without any hurt to her virginity. The light of a star takes nothing away from the Virginity of Mary. She is that noble star which was to come out of Jacob, whose brightness still shed luster upon all the earth, whose rays are most brilliant in heaven, and shine even unto hell, lighting up earth midway, and warming souls rather than bodies, fostering good and scaring away evil. She, I say, is a clear and shining star, twinkling with excellencies, and resplendent with example, needfully set to look down upon the surface of this great and wide sea.
St. Gaspar del Bufalo…..