Monday night is the NIGHT! Our ‘Back-to-School Open House’ will run from 5 to 8 p.m. Come and go as you please in a timeframe that works for you. This night is intended for all parents and students to attend. Bring school supplies and locker organizers. Check out this helpful guide to get the most of your Open House experience.
- Please enter through tour West Entrance. Check out the new Carport, Solar Array, and Neighborhood Revitalization progress.
- Upon entering, greeters will direct you to our registration table. Please pick up your family packet that contains pertinent information.
- Each packet will contain a checklist of things for families to accomplish during the open house visit. Packets will contain directions for creating a username and password for each family to access the FACTS Family Portal Student Information System.
- Packets will also contain class schedules for students in grades 6 through 12.
- Student and Parent Volunteers will be stationed around the campus to assist families with questions.
- Mrs. Talamantes and other bi-lingual volunteers will be available at or near the registration table to attend to the needs of our families.
The following booths will be set up during the event around the school to enhance the parent experience:
- Booster Club (Concession Stand) – Booster Club will work from the concession stand. They will provide information, offer families the opportunity to sign up for booster club and have Gremlin Gear available. Some basic concessions items will also be available.
- Active Parents Club (Clothes Closet) – The APC will have a signup and information table set up on the middle floor near the Clothes Closet. The Clothes Closet will also be open for business with items available for purchase during the event.
- SCRIP (Commons) – Jen Cordia will have a sales and information table operating in the commons. SCRIP Cards will be available for purchase as well as order forms.
- Bazaar Auction (Commons) – The Auction committee will have an information table in the commons. Bob & Katelin Hladak are the Bazaar Auction chairpersons this year.
- Nurse / DayCare / Before School Care / After School Care (Nurse office – middle floor) – Mrs. Smothers will have an enrollment and information table set outside of her office on the middle floor of the school. She will be providing answers to any questions parents might have on any of these topics.
- Cafeteria (obvious) – A table will be set up in the cafeteria itself to provide basic information about menus, extras, al carte items, basic costs, etc. Free and reduced applications and information will be available as well. Esther DeGraff and Betsy Gerke will be providing this information.
- Our Finance Director, Jessica Pyle (Commons near Main office) will also be set up in the commons to answer any finance / FACTS related questions that families might have.
- Tutorials (East Computer Lab – third floor) on how to access and use the new FACTS Family Portal Student Information System will be offered in the east computer lab on the third floor (Room 201). The tutorial format will be approximately 10-minute sessions with 10 minutes in between to prep for the next session.
A total of 9 sessions, directed by Mrs. Siron, will be scheduled to run as follows:
- 5:00 PM
- 5:20 PM
- 5:40 PM
- 6:00 PM
- 6:20 PM
- 6:40 PM
- 7:00 PM
- 7:20 PM
- 7:40 PM
All faculty members (in their classrooms) will be on hand to welcome you, talk about their classes and classrooms and help you to get a feel for what your child will be learning this year. The teachers are looking forward to having you stop by each of their classrooms for a visit.
Finally, one of the major transitions in our school is from the self-contained elementary school years to the junior high years of 6th grade and beyond. For that reason, the 6th graders and their families will be provided an orientation. This will begin at 6:30 p.m. on the evening of the open house in the school cafeteria. Mr. Sam Jones and Mrs. Barb Morrow will lead the orientation for students and parents.
At the conclusion of your evening, we invite you to leave your completed checklist and information packets in a drop box provided by the cafeteria door, main and west entrance. After the event, we will host a drawing with the winning checklist winning a 20 event activities pass for school athletic events!
Parking Instructions for Open House – The Carport and Missouri St. parking lots will both be open for this BIG event. The lots can be accessed from Wilkerson St and Missouri St. They can not be accessed from Third St. The carport lot is now clearly striped to designate appropriate parking spaces and traffic flow.
Parking is available on the streets and in the Harris Hall Preschool lot as well. The circle drive will only be open for handicapped drop off. We are respectfully requesting that families use the west entrance to the school and commons to begin this year’s open house experience!
We believe it is going to be a wonderful evening. Please make plans to join us!