SACRED HEART SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
- Today is the Feast Day of St. Matthias
|5.14.19 Tuesday||5.15.19 Wednesday|
|Biscuits and gravy
National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
|Fajita chicken tacos
- There is no school mass this week. Please plan to come to celebrate with the seniors at Baccalaureate at 6:30 on Friday evening. Bishop McKnight will be here to celebrate Holy Mass.
- The Reading Lab is now closed to student checkout. Students need to return any books as soon as they are finished with them.
- Yearbook sales end on May 17. We only have eight yearbooks left to sell! Help us meet our goal!
- NJHS is having a supplies drive for the Sedalia Animal Shelter. The collection bin is in the commons. They are collecting bleach, paper towels, laundry soap, newspaper, cans of food, and smooth peanut butter. Help out our furry friends between May 1-May 15!
- Sophomores & Juniors – We will begin signups for the Summer Class Fundraiser at the WAFB Air Force Show today. Be prepared to get signed up.
- Freshman, please see Mrs.Hagebusch during homeroom today AFTER checking in with your homeroom teacher.
- JH Boys BB Open Gym – Wednesday from 3 -5 in the Main Gym.
- Seniors will be taking their 5th, 6th, and 7th-hour finals today. Senior and 8th-grade finals will be ongoing throughout the week.
- TOTUS TUUS is coming to Sedalia the week of June 23-28. Students going into grades 1-6 next fall are invited to participate Mon-Fri from 9am-2:30pm each day for catechesis, games, Mass, songs, Reconciliation, and a chance to build a stronger relationship with Christ. Jr high and high school students are invited each evening, Sunday through Thursday from 7:30-9:30. Sign-ups are May 19, June 2, and June 8/9 or are available in the school office or parish rectories beforehand. Cost is $10 per person.
Baseball: The varsity boys (10-8, 6-4) concluded their season with a 16-1 loss to the Lincoln Cardinals last night @ Skyline High School.
Golf: Sophomore Jeff Hollabaugh shot an 88 in the first round of the state golf tournament yesterday at the Sedalia Country Club. The tournament wraps up today with Round 2.
Tennis: The varsity tennis team finished their season last Friday at district play in Warrensburg. Senior Andy Bautista finished 3rd in singles play just short of advancing to the sectional round.