SACRED HEART SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
Tuesday, May 7th, 2019
Teacher Appreciation Day
- Today is the Feast Day of St. Rose Venerini
|5.7.19 Tuesday||5.8.19 Wednesday|
- Parking on Wednesday evening: All student drivers are asked to use the grass lot on Vermont St. north of the school to park for Wednesday’s Spring concert and Gremmy awards. We would like to leave all other available parking for parents and grandparents. Thank you so much!
- Don’t forget to purchase roses for Mother’s Day! Several options available from a single rose up to a dozen roses beautifully arranged in a vase. Cost from $1 all the way up to $20. Sign up is in the office!
- Yearbook sales end on May 17. We only have eight yearbooks left to sell! Help us meet our goal!
- NJHS is having a supplies drive for the Sedalia Animal Shelter. The collection bin is in the commons. They are collecting bleach, paper towels, laundry soap, newspaper, cans of food, and smooth peanut butter. Help out our furry friends between May 1-May 15!
- On Thursday, May 9 freshmen and sophomores will meet in the commons to learn more about a summer leadership program opportunity – RYLA
- Junior High Boys basketball will have open gym on Thursday, May 9 from 3-5 in the Main Gym.
- STUCO elections will be today during Homeroom in the Hoying Gym. Students in grades 8th-11th should attend. All students in grades 9-11th will vote for the STUCO officers.
- President – Maia Smith
- VP – Maddie Hayden or Joseph Henke
- Treasurer – Cody Damlo or Megan Wingerter
- Secretary – Summer Caton
- Mr. Bahner’s Rachel’s Family will be using their dress down day from Jeopardy today
- Do you still need service hours? Please check the bulletin board outside of the conference room for upcoming opportunities.
Baseball: The varsity boys (8-7, 5-4) next action is this afternoon vs. New Franklin at Liberty Park Stadium. First pitch is at 4:30.
Golf: Sophomore Jeff Hollabaugh shot an 88 at sectional golf yesterday to qualify for the state golf tournament on Monday at SCC. Junior Aaron Kennon shot a 98 and narrowly missed qualifying.
Tennis: The varsity tennis teams (3-5) lost in the opening round of the team district tournament to Bolivar High School by a score of 5-2. Andy Bautista won in singles, while Andy & Brian Sierra won their doubles match. Individual and dual district play is on Saturday.
Congratulations to the 6th – 9th grade Softball team for taking the WIN over Windsor last night 5-3. Their next action is Friday 7 pm and Saturday at 3 pm at Centennial.