SACRED HEART SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
Monday, May 6th, 2019
- Today is the Feast Day of Sts. Marian & James
|5.6.19 Monday||5.7.19 Tuesday|
|General Tso’s Chicken
- Yearbook sales end on May 17. We only have eight yearbooks left to sell! Help us meet our goal!
- NJHS is having a supplies drive for the Sedalia Animal Shelter. The collection bin is in the commons. They are collecting bleach, paper towels, laundry soap, newspaper, cans of food, and smooth peanut butter. Help out our furry friends between May 1-May 15!
- Junior High Boys basketball will have open gym on Thursday, May 9 from 3-5 in the Main Gym.
- Congratulations to 8th grader Liam Stark who became a Sea Cadet over the weekend, moving up from a League Cadet through the NSCC program. He reached the highest goal he could achieve! Great job Liam, you make your GREMLIN family proud.
- There will be a senior class meeting today during homeroom in the commons
- STUCO elections will be Tuesday, May 7 during Homeroom in the Hoying Gym. Students in grades 8th-11th should attend. All students in grades 9-11th will vote for the STUCO officers.
- President – Maia Smith
- VP – Maddie Hayden or Joseph Henke
- Treasurer – Cody Damlo or Megan Wingerter
- Secretary – Summer Caton
- Mr. Bahner’s Rachel’s Family will be using their dress down day from Jeopardy on Tuesday, May 7
Baseball: The varsity boys (8-7, 5-4) split a pair of games at Liberty Park Stadium on Saturday. They scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 7th to pull off a 14-13 comeback victory over the Lincoln Cardinals. In the late game, they dropped a 5-2 decision to the St Paul Saints from Concordia. The boys next action is on Tuesday vs. New Franklin at Liberty Park Stadium. First pitch is at 4:30.
Golf: Sophomore Jeff Hollabaugh & Junior Aaron Kennon play in the sectional round of the state golf tournament today at Deer Chase Golf Course in Camdenton.
Tennis: The varsity tennis teams (3-4) competes at 4:30 today in the opening round of the district tournament. We play at Bolivar High School in Bolivar.
Track: The high school track team competed in the District Track Meet on Saturday in Russellville, MO. Juniors Cody Damlo and Maia Smith advanced to the finals in all of their events but were unable to qualify to move on to the sectional meet.