Blood Drive: Rescheduled for February 27, 2019, from 1-5pm.
14 spots left
We are currently experiencing a critical blood shortage here in Missouri. Typically, the period after the new year is one of great need. Please help us meet our goal of 100 donors!
You may either sign up at Community Blood Center or email Mrs. Hagebusch at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment! Thank you for saving a life!!
Sacred Heart Blood Drive – Sign Up Today!
- Sacred Heart Hoying Gym
- Mrs. Barb Hagebusch
Close to 500 people in our area EVERY SINGLE DAY need blood transfusions just to survive. There is no substitute for human blood. Blood only has a lifespan of 42 days but most blood will reach the patient within days of your donation. Your blood could be crucial in maintaining our community’s blood supply level.
Donating blood can help many people such as:
- People with Cancer
- Surgery Patients
- Accident and Trauma Victims
- New Born Babies
Qualifying factors for donation:
- You must be at least 16 with an attached parental permission form
- You must be 17 and older without parental permission
- You must weigh 110 pounds
Disqualifying factors for donation are:
- You have donated in the last 56 days
- You have a recent piercing or tattoo (not done in Missouri)
- You have recently been treated with antibiotics
- Other diseases and risks can keep you from donating blood so if you are still unsure if you meet the requirements, please check out Reasons you cannot donate blood
1 out of every 3 people will need blood during their lives. You might save that person’s life with your blood donation.
If you have any more questions, check out Save A Life Now.