SACRED HEART SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- Today is the Feast day of St. Marianne Cope
|1.23.19 Wednesday||1.24.19 Thursday|
Carrots and celery
- All boys and girls ages 9 to 14 are invited to participate in the local level of competition for the 2019 Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship. Trophies are awarded in all 12 divisions (9-year-old boys through 14-year-old boys and 9-year-old girls through 14-year-old girls). Age eligibility is determined by the age of the contestant as of January 1st, 2019. This contest is free of charge and open to all area youth. The local competition will be held on Sunday, January 27th beginning at 1:00 PM in the Sacred Heart School gym. Although this is a kick-off event to Catholic Schools Week 2019 at Sacred Heart Catholic School, we would like to reiterate that all young people falling within these age categories are invited to participate regardless of the school they attend. The K of C Free Throw Championships is sponsored annually with winners progressing through local, district and state competition. Participants are required to have proof of age and parental consent. For additional information contact Mark Register at 620-5043.
- There will be an NJHS Meeting during homeroom today Jan 23rd in Ms. Tague’s room.
- There will be a softball meeting tomorrow Jan 24th during homeroom in the cafeteria.
- The Homecoming dance has been moved to February 16th.
Varsity/JV Boys Basketball: The varsity (8-7, 5-0) lost to the Sweet Springs Greyhounds by a score of 72-65 last night in the opening round of the Slater Tournament. They now take on Jamestown in the consolation bracket at 6pm on Thursday.
Varsity/JV Girls Basketball: The varsity girls (3-12, 2-3) next action is this afternoon at 4:30 in the semi-final round of the consolation bracket of the Slater Tournament. Tonight’s opponent is Sweet Springs.
Junior High Boys Basketball: The JH Boys “A”(6-1, 5-0) team beat the LaMonte Vikings on the road in LaMonte last night by a score of 37-7. The Grems next action is Thursday, January 24th, in the second round of the Gremlin Invite. The boys take on the Stover Bulldogs in a 6 pm start. (“B” boys 3-0)
Junior High Girls Basketball: The JH Girls (4-2, 3-1) lost their game last night in LaMonte. Their next action is also tomorrow in the second round of the Gremlin Invite. The girls also take on the Stover Bulldogs with a 7 pm tip-off.