The Talking Gremlins had a great night at the first Kaysinger Conference Speech Contest on November 19 at SFCC. Of 20 entries, 18 advanced to the final round – probably a school record!
- Freshman Donavan Dobson competed in Prose and Improvised Duet with his partner, Chanceller Homan.
- Chanceller also won 3rd place in Storytelling, proving that hard work pays off!
- Sophomore Hayden Altena tied for 5th place in Radio, and was 4th in Improv Duet with her partner, Senior Alyssa Perez.
- Sophomore Addie Hunsaker finished 7th in Poetry, 7th in Radio, and 6th in Storytelling.
- Sophomore Jeff Hollabaugh placed 4th in Extemporaneous Speaking.
- Sophomore Jaxon Beeler completed a hat trick, placing 3rd in Poetry, 2nd in Humorous, and 1st in Improv Duet with his partner, Junior Jacob Mertes.
- Jacob also placed 4th in Radio Speaking.
- Junior Summer Caton won the trifecta with 4th in Original Works, 2nd in Storytelling, and 1st in Humorous.
- Senior Alyssa Perez, besides placing 4th in Improv Duet, placed 5th in Poetry and 2nd in Prose.
Currently, the Gremlins are in 2nd place in Conference, with the Conference Championship to be decided in early February. Our next contest is on December 8, when we host our annual speech contest right here at Sacred Heart!