Monday, November 12th, 2018
- Today is the feast day of St. Josephat (martyr)
|Tuna Fish Sandwich
- SHS will honor our Veterans this morning. Sacred Heart will host a reception for our local veterans at 8:45. At 9:05 there will be an all-school assembly to celebrate those who have served our country in the armed forces.
- Please dismiss all band students at 8:40 am to prepare for the Veterans Assembly
- JH Boys basketball parent meeting will take place at 5:15pm tonight in the commons. First practice to follow.
- Everyone in STUCO will be meeting in Mrs. Howell’s room on Friday during lunch.
- Elementary Cheerleading clinic will take place Friday after school. All participants will perform at halftime of the girls game Friday night.
It was a bumpy, twisty ride at the Adrian Speech contest on Saturday, Nov. 10 – but we made it in style! The Talking Gremlins placed 3rd, bringing home 11 individual medals.
- Freshmen Donavan Dobson and Chance Homan took 6th place in Improvised Duet Acting.
- Chance also received the 6th place medal for Storytelling.
- Sophomore Hayden Altena won 3rd place in Radio Speaking at her very first speech contest ever!
- Sophomore Jaxon Beeler, also in his first contest, brought home 2nd place in Humorous, 6th place in Poetry, and 4th place in Improv Duet with his partner, Junior Hunter Deresinski.
- Hunter also took 5th place in Radio Speaking.
- Junior Jacob Mertes, in his first contest, won 4th place in Radio and 5th in Prose.
- Junior Summer Caton competed in Prose, and also won 4th in Humorous, 3rd in Original Works, and 1st in Storytelling.
- Senior Alyssa Perez competed bravely in Prose and Poetry and joined her last-minute partner Hayden for some fun in Improv Duet.
Our next contest is the Kaysinger Conference Fall contest at SFCC on November 19. Get’em, Grems!
Varsity/JV Boys Basketball: The varsity boys (0-0, 0-0) open their season on Friday night with a home game vs. the Leeton Bulldogs. Boys play immediately after the girls game.
Varsity/JV Girls Basketball: The varsity girls (0-0, 0-0) open their season on Friday night with a home game vs. the Leeton Bulldogs. Tip-off is at 6 pm.