Thursday, October 4th, 2018
Today is the Feast Day of Saint Francis of Assisi
NATIONAL TACO DAY!
- Today is a 1pm dismissal for a faculty meeting. We will not be on shortened day schedule due to standardized testing. 7th hour will meet after lunch.
- Standardized Testing continues today for students in grades 3 – 9. Please keep the hallways quiet so that we may provide the best testing environment possible. Students: please continue to strive to do your best!
- Teachers when your students are finished testing please send a student down to let the office know
- Speech team is getting ready for the new season! New Material, new members, new medals! If you’d like to find out more about this award-winning, death-defying competitive team, join us! Speech team will meet on Thursday, October 4 during homeroom in Room 203. Hope to see you there!
- There will be a junior class meeting today during lunch in the commons. Students should bring their lunch.
- We have no school masses this week due to the priests being out of town at diocesan meetings and standardized testing.
- Don’t forget: Blessing of the Pets takes place at 8am on Friday morning!
- October APC meeting is scheduled for this Friday at 11:30 in the PC.
- NJHS meeting today after school
- Anyone WHO WAS NOT an Envirothon Team Member last year, but wants to be on the team this year, will need to attend a meeting during homeroom on Tuesday, October 9th. You will be taking a short test to see who qualifies for membership!
Kiley, Claire, Juan, Hunter, Megan, Noe, and Natalie…..be sure and come!
- Attention 6th through 12 graders Don’t forget the cafeteria will have a snack punch card available for purchase at lunch for $7.50. The cards will have 10 punches worth 75 cents each. You may use these cards to buy lunch snacks and drinks instead of remembering your cash each day.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Howell and her yearbook staff! SHHS won an award yesterday at the Jostens workshop. We were one of only two schools to win today. There are 80 schools in our region and we were one of only 8 schools to win this prestigious award for the “National Yearbook Program of Excellence”.
The varsity girls (9-10-1 / 5-1) open play in the conference tournament tonight in Cole Camp. The Grems take on Smithton @ 5:30 and Otterville @ 7:30. Both games are in the high school gym.
The JH Girls “A” (12-0) & “B” (3-1-2) teams next action is Tuesday at LaMonte at 5pm.
Three of the varsity girls will play on Monday in the MSHSAA Sectional Tournament in Springfield.
The varsity boys (8-8 / 2-1) advanced to the championship game of the Kaysinger Conference Tournament last night with a 6-0 victory over the Stover Bulldogs. The Grems will take on Green Ridge for the title at 2pm on Saturday in Stover.
The Gremlin JH Soccer team (5-2) played Buecker Middle School in Marshall last night. Their next action is on Tuesday in LaMonte. Kick off is at 4:30pm.
The JH Football team will play their final game of the season on Monday, October 8th as we take on the Northwest Mustangs at the S-C Youth Fields. Kickoff is at 6 pm.