Friday, September 7th, 2018
- Today is the Feast Day of Saint Cloud
|Chicken Patty on Bun
Peas & carrot
- Juniors & Seniors: If you have not yet received the Sacrament of Confirmation the time to sign up is now. The reception of this third sacrament of initiation is very important in your spiritual development as young Catholics. We hope that you will strongly consider being a part of this program. Please get your paperwork and enrollment fees to Mrs. Bolin ASAP!
- Juniors & Seniors: If you are enrolled in dual credit courses, please turn in your applications and tuition money to Mrs. Buckley ASAP.
- STUCO will meet today Sept. 7th in Mrs.Howell’s room for lunch, bring your lunch with you! We will be making committee assignments
- If you are interested in babysitting during the Strategic Growth Plan meeting Sunday, Sept. 9 from 6-8pm, please sign up in the office.
- There will be a cheer meeting Monday morning during homeroom in Mrs. Starke’s room.
- There will be a meeting during homeroom on Tuesday, Sept. 18 in the ITV lab for any students, grades 7 – 12 who would be interested in hearing about the new Robotics Club here at SH.
The Grems (3-1) beat the Sweet Springs Greyhounds 25-14, 25-16 last night in the SG Gym. The JV split two games. Next action is Monday night at home vs Columbia Hickman High School.
The varsity girls next action is on Tuesday, the 11th when they travel to Warrensburg for a triangular match @ Hidden Pines Golf Course.
The varsity boys (3-3) beat the Raytown Bluejays last night in penalty kicks. Their record now stands at 3-3. Action in the Clinton Tournament concludes tomorrow morning in a match vs. St. Paul’s Lutheran.
The Gremlin JH Soccer team will open their season on Thursday, Sept. 13 @ Green Ridge.
The JH Girls team will open their season on Tuesday, Sept. 11 @ home vs the Lincoln Cardinals.
The JH Football boys (1-0) opened their season yesterday with a 48-0 win over the Northwest Mustangs. Next action is Monday at home vs. Chilhowee.
Update from Coach Jones about Varsity Soccer:
In a game that undoubtedly aged the Gremlin’s coaching staff by several years, Sacred Heart clawed to a 3-2 victory over Class 4 Raytown in a game decided by penalty kicks. Against a fast and technical team, the Gremlin’s were forced to abandon their normal style of play. With an emphasis on defensive marking in the mid-field and clearing the ball out of the defensive zone, the Gremlins frustrated Raytown to a 0-0 score at the half.