Thursday, September 6th, 2018
- Today is the Feast Day of Saint Eleutherius the Abbot
|Corn dog or burrito
|Chicken Patty on bun
- Early Dismissal today at 1pm. This is a Spirit Dress day.
- Faculty Meeting begins promptly @ 1:30 today in the Music Room. Please be on time.
- Juniors & Seniors: If you have not yet received the Sacrament of Confirmation the time to sign up is now. The reception of this third sacrament of initiation is very important in your spiritual development as young Catholics. We hope that you will strongly consider being a part of this program. Please get your paperwork and enrollment fees to Mrs. Bolin ASAP!
- Juniors & Seniors: If you are enrolled in dual credit courses please turn in your applications and tuition money to Mrs. Buckley ASAP.
- STUCO will meet Friday, Sept. 7th in Mrs.Howell’s room for lunch, bring your lunch with you! We will be making committee assignments
- If you are interested in babysitting during the Strategic Growth Plan meeting Sunday, Sept. 9 from 6-8pm, please sign up in the office.
- There will be a cheer meeting Monday morning during homeroom in Mrs. Starke’s room.
- There will be a meeting during homeroom on Tuesday, Sept. 18 in the ITV lab for any students, grades 7 – 12 who would be interested in hearing about the new Robotics Club here at SH.
The Grems play Sweet Springs in a home match tonight. Varsity first serve is at 5:30. JV will play after Varsity.
The varsity girls next action is on Tuesday, the 11th when they travel to Warrensburg for a triangular match @ Hidden Pines Golf Course.
Update from the Golf Game on Tuesday, September 4
Sacred Heart’s Caten Lucchesi tied for medalist honors today with Boonville’s Olivia Reynolds in a triangular match hosted by California. Sacred Heart posted a team score of 222 with Megan Wingerter’s 54, Kelsey Hudson’s 55, Addy Trammell’s 65 and Amelia Schott’s 68. Boonville won the match with 216. California posted a 223.
The varsity boys lost to Clinton by a score of 6-2 last night in the Clinton Tournament. They return to the pitch tonight in the semi-final round of the Clinton Tournament. The Grems take on the Raytown Bluejays in a 5pm kickoff.
Update from last night’s soccer game:
Another poor first half doomed the Gremlins in the first round of the Clinton Tournament. Playing tournament host Clinton, Sacred Heart could not find any organization in the midfield and gave up six first-half goals. Clinton players repeatedly made runs through the midfield unmarked and found the back of the net.
The Gremlin JH Soccer team will open their season on Thursday, Sept. 13 @ Green Ridge.
The JH Girls team will open their season on Tuesday, Sept. 11 @ home vs the Lincoln Cardinals.
The JH Football team will open their season this evening vs the Northwest Mustangs. Kickoff is at 6pm in Hughesville.