Vision Statement: Extraordinary Catholic Education. Through Christ. For ALL.
Friday, August 24, 2018
- Today is the Feast Day of the-St. Bartholomew
|Hot Ham & Cheese
|BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
All Snacks have to be paid in cash! Charging is no longer available.
- All School Mass today at 8:30am
- Senior Class meeting today after mass in the Church
- Scholarship Breakfast after mass in the Parish Center today
- If you have a schedule change please see Mrs. Buckley. You have until the end of the school day today to request for changes. All change requests must be signed by a parent and the teachers involved.
- It is not too late to participate in fall sports for jr high and high school students. Contact Coach Fall, Coach Crooker or Mr. Jones for more information.
- High School Students: Please initial or correct the Dress Down Birthday Calendar it is posted in Mrs. McCollester’s room. You may dress down on that day as a special birthday gift for your friends in STUCO.
- Seniors are to be released for lunch at 11:40, juniors at 11:42, sophomores and freshmen are released at the bell. Once everyone gets to the cafeteria it is first to come, first served in the lunch line. Upperclassmen should not advance to the front of the line should you arrive late for some reason.
- Any HS girls who are wanting to do dance OR Cheer, please meet in Mrs. McDonald’s room Tues Aug. 28th after school @ 3:15
- Soccer: Varsity boys vs. Knob Noster, Sat. August 25th at 10am at Clover Dell Soccer Park
Have a Fantastic First Day Of School!
OptionC Alert Friday, August 24
Good Afternoon all!
It feels great to be surrounded by such energy of support, positivity, and excitement as we kick off a new school year! As we forge ahead on our best school year yet, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our school handbook. https://www.gogremlins.com/
In addition, highlighted below are few new policies and reminders to be aware of. Thanks!
Option C grades and gradebook
OptionC is the BEST way to stay on top of your child’s performance in school. Grades, absences, tardies, assignments, school forms and more are posted to OptionC. We also use OptionC to send you school information via text, phone and/or e-mail. The website is www.optionc.com and our school code is 8127.
If you are a new family, your login and ID should be coming home with you this week. If you have any questions about accessing the site, please contact the school office.
If you have questions or concerns specific to grades and classroom behavior posted to OptionC, please contact your child’s teacher. If you still do not feel as though you are getting the information you need, please contact Mr. Jones or myself.
Youth Group Barbeque
We are thrilled to offer an additional avenue of fellowship and faith formation for our youth through the newly formed Pettis County Catholic Youth Program led by the dynamic duo of Mrs. Zoey Plummer and her husband, John. I highly encourage our students in grades 7-12 to be a part of this wonderful program.
Everyone is invited to the Kick-off BBQ on Wednesday, August 29, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the Newman House (next door to Sacred Heart School.) Please spread the word and make plans to join us!
If you are willing to donate any items for our BBQ, please sign up using the link below. Please contact Zoey Plummer at email@example.com with any questions. Youth nights will continue every Wednesday from 6:30-8:00 P.M. this semester. Thanks for your support!
Changes in the Cafeteria
Thanks to parent feedback, we are implementing new practices to improve our cafeteria operations and better serve our families.
- Additional staff has been hired to assist in food preparation each morning. This is designed to allow our cooks the time necessary to enhance our lunch menu entrees.
- We are adopting a cash-only policy for students wanting to purchase snacks, Gatorade and other items that are not priced within the daily school lunch. This should cut down on the unexpected surprise some of our parents have received when they come in to clear the lunch bills.
- No family will be able to amass a bill in excess of $100. We will give you a courtesy call if the total reaches $75. This, too, should assist in keeping all bills and charges more manageable.
- We continue to work with faculty along with office and cafeteria staff to incorporate the most efficient procedures possible for lunch counts and record keeping.
Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have questions or seek clarification on any of these items. May God continue to bless you and your families.
Dr. Mark Register