Congratulations go out again to the 78th graduating class from Sacred Heart High School, the Class of 2022. We are very happy for the seniors and their parents as they complete their high school experience and move on to the next exciting phase of life!
Some of the accomplishments we would like to highlight from this class include:
- The average GPA for the class of 2022 is 3.67 on the 4.0 scale.
- 9 of our 13 graduates (nearly 70%) posted a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- 7 of the 13 (54%) posted a 3.85 or higher over their 4 years of high school
Clearly, there is an environment present that makes success a priority and drives our young people to take great pride in their work in the classrooms! There are a couple of additional items I would like to point out to further illustrate the academic accomplishments of the class of 2022:
- 12 of the 13 members of this class have already successfully completed one or more college courses
- As a group these 13 students will be taking more than 200 hours of college credit with them as they leave SHHS.
Finally, Mrs. Buckley is pleased to report that the SHHS Class of 2022, 13 students strong, has been offered (so far) $1,915,472 in scholarships and will be utilizing $899,122 of that amount.
Well done, Class of 2022!
This time of year always brings mixed blessings. While we are happy about the completion of another school year and look forward to some time to rest and replenish in the summer, we also have to say goodbye to some very special people.
This year our list of fond farewells includes:
Mrs. Debbie Bolin – Campus Minister and Religion Teacher 27 years of service to SHS
Mr. Mike Freels – Maintenance Director 15 years of service to SHS
Mrs. Sherry Buckley – School Counselor 9 years of service to SHS
Ms. Patti Hegger – 5th grade teacher 3 years of service to SHS
Mrs. Abby Martin – Principal 2 years of service to SHS
Ms. Jena Sterret – Spanish teacher 1 year of service to SHS
Thank you so much to each of these individuals for the hard work and sacrifices they have made on behalf of our students and families. We pray for much happiness and success in your future endeavors!